A couple of months ago, I opened up my Revue 400 SE to try to fix the light meter again as it was two clicks off. Finally developed the test roll I did a couple of months ago. It looks like the problem is fixed! Kodak Tri-X 400, developed in Kodak d76, fixed in Kodak Rapid Fix, scanned with Epson Perfection V700.
Here is the facebook post regarding the fix:
Operating on the two Revue 400 SE cameras that I got a while back. One of the unit’s lightmeter is 2 clicks off! The photoresistor is old and way off. The radio shack replacement Cds resistors didn’t work. Maxing out the bias variable resistors inside and pushing the supply battery to 1.5V (instead of 1.35V) corrected only one click. So if I use iso 400 film, i just need to dial the iso setting to 800 and now the light meter is spot on!
I am quite happy with the result, looks like the meter is fixed!
Operating on the Graphex 135mm lens tonight. Anything below 1/25 doesn’t work, B does but not T, flash trigger also dead. I already cleaned up the shutter blades with no luck. Finally cracked open the shell and looked at the inside. A simple drops of oil in the right places and a good cleaning of the contacts solved both issues! The lens is super snappy and I am very happy!
It was a sunny day during Gordon, Vicky and Cailey’s photo shoot. Ever since I got my Zeiss Ikonta B 532/16, I have been neglecting my Seagull TLR. Here are a couple of shots from the shoot, Seagull 4A-103 TLR + Shanghai GP3 film. Developed stand, Rodinal 1:100 for 1.25 hours, inversion first two minutes, then one turn every 30 minutes. Fixed with Kodak Rapid Fix, scanned with Epson Perfection V700.
Honestly, not too happy with the grain size, perhaps it’s time to go back to D76! Always hit and miss with these shanghai film.